This recall is being issued by: Consumer Products Safety Commission
Recalled on: August 15, 2012
Description: Bumbo recalls 4 million baby seats due to fall and injury hazard. Babies can get out and/or fall out of the Bumbo baby seat, especially when seat is used on an elevated surface or without adult supervision. Serious injuries, such as skull fractures, bruising and lacerations, have been reported. New restraints belts and updated warning stickers will be provided and added to the seats.
In addition to the safety improvements, Bumbo provides caregivers with these important safety tips:
- Always use the Bumbo baby seat with the restraint belt.
- Only use the Bumbo Seat on the floor or level ground surface.
- Never use the seat on raised surfaces.
- Always stay with and watch your baby during use.
- Never use the Bumbo Seat in or near water.
- Do not use Bumbo seat covers that interfere with the installation and/or use of the restraint belt.
- The Bumbo Seat should not be used until your baby can support his or her head.
Have this product?: The CPSC is recommending that you immediately stop using this product until the repair kit has been obtained and seat has been repaired. The following items are provided in the repair kit free of charge:
To receive your free repair kit, contact Bumbo at 1-866-898-4999 or complete this online form. Do not return your Bumbo seat to the retailer.
The recall presented here has been obtained directly from the Consumer Products Safety Commission. The CPSC is committed to ensuring the safety of a wide range of consumer products. Here at Babies 411 we provide the recalls that are focused on infant products. Visit the CPSC to find out more information on recalls for all children's products, toy hazards, household products, outdoor products, specialty products and sports & recreational products.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST