- Last Updated on Thursday, 24 April 2014 13:44
Your baby is getting bigger and bigger each day and has gotten very advanced since the first time you introduced solids. Your baby is getting closer to the very anticipated one year birthday.Are you wondering what's normal eating habits for babies this age? Well, read on...
How Much Should Your Baby Eat?
- If you haven't already, this is the time to start to advance to 3 meals per day.
Each day give:
- Up to ½ cup of each of the following: cereal, fruits, and vegetablesin divided doses.
- Up to 1/3 cup dairy in divided doses.
- Up to ¼ cup of protein (in the form of meat, beans or dairy) in divided doses.
What Should Your Baby Eat?
Great new foods to incorporate into your baby's diet include:
- Grains such as bagels, crackers, graham crackers (WITHOUT HONEY!!), multigrain crackers, pasta, pita bread, rice cakes and tortillas
- Vegetables such as rhubarb and spinach
- Fruits including dates, figs, grapefruit and oranges
- Protein such as egg yolks can also be introduced at this time.
Once your baby is ready, start to introduce table foods as tolerated.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.