Well Baby Visits
Last Updated ( Monday, 19 September 2011 13:29 )
- Well baby visits are very important.
- The first year of life, baby will have approximately 6 well baby visits.
- The first visit usually occurs within the first 2 weeks of life, but some pediatricians like to see the baby within 2-4 days after discharge from the hospital.
- Subsequent well-baby visits are usually scheduled at 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 24 months.
- During a well visit:
- Your pediatrician will examine, weigh, and measure your baby.
- Immunizations will be given according to the recommended schedule.
- This is a great time to discuss with your pediatrician any concerns or questions that you may have.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST