- Use to remove vomit from mouth or visible mucous from nose.
- If baby has a stuffy nose, normal saline drops can be purchased over-the-counter.
- Apply 1-2 drops of normal saline to each nare and if necessary, use a bulb syringe to remove the excess drops and/or mucous.
- Administer drops and use bulb syringe one nare at a time.
- Limit use of bulb syringe since repetitive use can irritate nares and cause further nasal congestion.
- Clean the bulb syringe with warm soapy water.
|How to Clean Your Baby's Nose With a Bulb Syringe, Nasal Aspirator|