- Change diaper before every feed. This helps to wake your baby for feeding and avoids waking baby after feeding is complete.
- Remember to wipe baby girls from front to back to avoid vaginal infections.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Baby Bottom Balm or Vitamin A&D can be applied to diaper area to ease removal of stool.
- Once a diaper rash is present, use a zinc oxide based ointment such as Triple Paste, Balmex, Desitin, or Butt Paste.
- If diaper rash is present, leaving the diaper off for a bit each day allows for baby’s bottom to air dry.
- If rash is persistent, see your pediatrician as a prescription cream or ointment may be necessary.
|Tips to Treating Your Baby's Diaper Rash|
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST
After your baby is born, your baby will receive two medications within one hour of birt
Important Car Seat Information for Your New Baby
Before your baby is discharged home from your birthing facility, an appropriate car sea
Jaundice and Your Newborn
Jaundice, the yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes caused by elevated bilirubin
Using the Bulb Syringe (a.k.a Nasal Aspirator)
A bulb syringe, also known as a nasal aspirator, is a tool used to suction mucous from