Care of Baby Bottles and Pacifiers
Last Updated ( Monday, 19 September 2011 13:20 )
- Sterilize bottles before first use.
- To sterilize bottles and pacifiers: Place in a pot filled with water and boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove with tongs and place on dish rack or towel to air dry.
- After first use, bottles and pacifiers can be hand washed or placed in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- There is no need to sterilize pacifiers and bottles everyday because this causes nipples and bottles to wear down quickly.
- Be sure to sterilize bottles and nipples after recovery from any illness.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST