| ||Typical Side Effects of Vaccinations|
Adverse Reactions are Very Rare and Include
- Severe allergic reaction. Examples include (but are not limited to): difficulty breathing, swelling of mouth/throat, hives, severe drop in blood pressure (hypotension), and shock.
- Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain)
- Febrile seizures (seizures associated with a fever)
- Thrombocytopenia (Low platelets)
- Please note: any adverse reaction should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) either on the internet at www.vaers.hhs.gov or by calling 1-800-822-7967.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST