| || |
| ||Infant only car seats are small and portable. They usually come with a base that the seat clicks in and out of. Additional bases can be purchased to use in other vehicles. |
- Used for infants that weigh up to 22 pounds; some models may be used up to 30 pounds.
| Car Seats and Car Seat Systems |
- Height limits range from 26” to 32”, depending on the model of the car seat.
- There are two types of harnesses used in infant-only seats: (the number of points refers to the number of places that the seat belt attaches to the seat)
- 5-point harness—attaches at the shoulders, hips, and between the legs. This is the preferred harness type and recommended by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- 3-point harness—attaches at the shoulders and between the leg.
- Joyce’s tip: The Chicco KeyFit is a great car seat that is very easy to install.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST