| Tweet |
| ||Check out this week's headline news focusing on all things mama and baby...the good, the bad and the ugly. This week's topics include cavities in preschoolers on the rise, TSA agent forces mother to pump breast milk in bathroom before boarding plane, Beyonce nurses in public, senator introduces bill to penalize single moms, baby saves father's life plus much more! Want to keep up to date on Baby News? Sign up for our free newsletter. |
- Douglas Kennedy assaults nurses while they tried to prevent him from taking his 2-day old son from the maternity ward.
- Children with autism often display challenging behaviors, but parents can learn to handle tantrums and aggression.
- In Wisconsin, a state senator has introduced a bill aimed at penalizing single mothers by calling their unmarried status a contributing factor in child abuse and neglect.
- Alliance CU Pilots 'Babies In The Workplace' Program
- Children with a depressed father are more likely to have emotional or behavioral problems
- Nicotine patches not much use in helping pregnant women quit smoking
- Rep. Murphy seeks ban on baby-food products with BPA
- Violence between couples during pregnancy makes parenting harder once a baby is born
- Childhood adversity might lead to DNA changes that increase the risk for psychiatric disorders
- Many young children from low-income families drink too much juice
- Toddlers are more likely to become easily upset and act out if their parents anger quickly and overreact to their children's behavior
- A new study suggests a connection between mothers with migraines and colic in infancy.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) may sometimes have a genetic component
- The Swedish Royal Court has released the first pictures of newborn princess and future monarch.
- Researchers report that they've isolated stem cells can mature into eggs that may be capable of fertilization.
- Cat scratch disease may be safe in pregnancy
- Dentists are seeing many preschoolers with cavities and even severe tooth decay
- Many parents who bring their children to the emergency room with fevers are making the right decision
- Baby’s birth saved father from Japan tsunami
Did we miss something? If so, please let us know.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST