This recall is being issued by: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Recalled on: February 12, 2014
Description: Graco recalls 3.7 million car seats and booster seats that were made between 2009 and 2013. The buckle can become progressively more difficult to open or can become stuck if food and liquids are dried on the buckle. The following car seat models are involved on this recall:
- Toddler Convertible Car Seats: Cozy Cline, Comfort Sport, Classic Ride 50, My Ride 65, My Ride 70, My Ride 65 with Safety Surround, Size4Me 70, My Size 70, Head Wise 70, Smart Seat.
- Harnessed Booster Seats: Nautilus 3-in-1, Nautilus Elite and Argos.
1. To clean your buckle, turn the restraint over and push the retainer through the harness strap slot. Place the buckle in a cup of warm water and gently agitate the buckle, pressing the red button several times while it is in the water.
2. Do not submerge the harness webbing and do not use soaps or lubricants, only rinse the harness buckle with warm water.
3. Shake out the excess water and allow the harness buckle to air dry.
4. Reattach the harness buckle into the same slot and re-check harness for correct installation according to the car seat manual before use.
Watch informative videos and get instructions on how to clean and replace your buckle here.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is dedicated to motor vehicle and highway safety. NHTSA investigates and administers recalls for child restraints and motor vehicles. We have obtained the most recent recalls for you to review. For more information on child restraint recalls and motor vehicle recalls visit NHTSA for more information.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST