Rice Breakfast Pudding
1/2 cup (Brown/or Jasmine) Rice (grind to barley size - don't grind if serving to a Toddler )
2 cups water
1/4 cup apples sliced into small dices or slivers
1/4 cup raisins (optional)
1/8 cup brown sugar (optional)
2 tsp cinnamon
Cuisinart Hand Blender
1/2 tsp ginger
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until rice is soft, fragrant and a bit soupy
3. Stir 1/8 cup milk into the rice, keep on heat for 10 more minutes. Keep a close watch to ensure that the consistency remains soupy but not pasty.
4. Stir frequently to stop sticking to the pot and add more milk or water if necessary.
5. Serve warm then transfer remaining portion to the fridge.
Blueberry Banana Yogurt
1 cup blueberries
1 whole banana
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons wheat germ
For Babies: Use 1 cup of your already made blueberry puree OR Microwave the blueberries just until the juices start to run, about 30 seconds. Place the banana, yogurt and blueberries in a blender and puree until smooth.
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Cooking Baby Food - Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST