|(1) 1/2 roll||
(2) 1/2 rolls
|1 Cup Water||2 Cups Water|
|1 Tablespoon baby wash, shampoo or soap shavings*||2 Tablespoons baby wash, shampoo or soap shavings*|
|1/2-1 Tablespoon baby oil or olive oil (preferably organic)**||1-2 Tablespoons baby oilor olive oil (preferably organic)**|
*Look for chemical-free products. My first choice is Earth Mama Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash.
**Again, check the labels! My first choice is Earth Mama Angel Baby Baby Oil.
To make the wipes:
1. Mix all the liquid ingredients together. If using soap shavings, melt the shavings into liquid form and mix
with water and oil.
2. Put paper towels in a large mixing bowl and pour the mixed liquid over the top of the paper towels.
3. Let the mixture soak through for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Turn paper towels upside down and allow to sit for another 10 minutes.
5. Pull out the center cardboard core and the wipes will pop up through the middle of the roll.
6. Store your homemade wipes in a gallon-size plastic bag, storage container with a lid or re-use an old disposable wipes container.
For extra Savings and to promote a greener Earth, try using cloth diaper wipes. Just soak the cloth wipes in the above mixture, roll up the wipe, and place in a container, gallon-size plastic bag or a wipe warmer made especially for homemade baby wipes.
Another option is to place the above mixture into a spray bottle and spray directly on your baby's bottom. Gently pat dry with a moisten wash cloth or cloth wipe.
Hope your baby's bottom comes out clean, smooth and soft while saving you $$$!
Be sure to like, comment and share Babies 411 content with your friends to help keep babies healthy and safe.
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST