12 Sep 2009
- Last Updated on Friday, 04 January 2013 04:18
- Written by Diba Tillery
- Hits: 12684
Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST
Babies have always been a passion of mine, even at a very young age. It was not surprising to my family that I chose a career as a neonatal nurse. Throughout my nursing career, I have cared for many infants and have been exposed to a multitude of parental concerns. Utilizing my knowledge, skill and expertise, I have assisted many parents in transitioning into their new roles. Through the gratification of helping these families, the vision of Babies 411 was born.
I founded Babies 411 to offer assistance, share information and offer support to parents and soon-to-be parents. During this long journey of developing Babies 411, I became aware of the vast amount of conflicting information available to parents. I understand how new parents (and even seasoned parents) can become confused, overwhelmed, and frustrated. I strive to provide parents and soon-to-be parents with the most up-to-date, thorough, and accurate information. Teaching is a big part of who I am and I believe that through knowledge, parents can make educated, informed decisions regarding the care of their infant and feel confident in their decisions.
Caring for an infant is both rewarding and demanding, but with a little bit of help and a lot of love, together we can make it a smooth transition. Caring for babies is what I do…..it’s my passion…and I want to share this passion with every parent that I can reach.
EDUCATION: University of Texas-Houston Health Science Center
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Graduated: May 4, 2001
Cumulative GPA: 4.0
San Jacinto College Central
Associate Degree in Nursing
Graduated: August 22, 1999
Cumulative GPA: 3.62
EXPERIENCE: Tomball Regional Medical Center
Maternal Child Health Clinical Educator: March 2010-present
- Development and maintenance of staff education and skills verification for In Vitro, Labor & Delivery, Postpartum, Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Coordinator and instructor of Parent Education classes: Breastfeeding, Newborn Care, Sibling, Infant CPR & Safety, Parenting Rugrats
- Coordinate and facilitate Breastfeeding and NICU Support Group.
- Car seat educator and coordinator of Car Seat Inspections
- Breastfeeding Educator- responsible for staff and parent breastfeeding education. Assist in lactation support and counseling
- Bereavement support and counseling
- Facilitator for unit-based Nurse Practice Council
- Coordinator and member of HACPP Nurse Executive Council
- Secretary for Code Pink Committee
- Experience in Level III, Level II and Well Baby Nurseries.
- Provide primary care for intensive care infants with emphasis on assessment, medication administration, respiratory support, developmental support and monitoring of therapeutic drug levels.
- Provide emotional support and infant care teaching to families.
- Collaborate with physicians and surgeons on patient care, pharmacological regimen, cardiovascular support, emergency procedures and possible end of life issues.
- Familiar with many hospitals in the New Jersey, Austin, and Houston areas.
- Registered Nurse in Texas.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certified.
- BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certified.
- S.T.A.B.L.E. certified.
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator.
- Owner and founder of Babies 411, LLC (www.babies411.com).
- Author of 7 Steps to Keeping Your Baby Healthy and Safe.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Texas Health Science Center.
- Received the Helen Fuld Scholarship Award.
- Presented with Nursing and the Law Award for Outstanding Clinician.